Working at Perpetua
Purpose of the role:
The candidate will be part of the growing Perpetua Client Management Team and will be ideally suited to an experienced, purpose-driven business development and sales professional looking to join a fast-growing boutique investment firm seeking to scale across multiple strategies. This resource will be specifically responsible for growing new business from new clients, predominantly institutional or aggregators. This position is ideally suited to an individual with already established experience, sound product knowledge and possessing solid and credible industry networks. The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills and direct previous experience in working in a similar role in a buy-side investment firm.
Summarised duties and responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for growing new business from new clients, predominantly institutional or aggregators.
- Secondarily responsible for servicing and managing relationships with existing clients and responding to client queries and requests.
- Responsible for generating leads by initiating contact with potential clients and identifying high probability sales opportunities
- Responsible for driving the complete sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed deals, using various direct methods such as calling, face to face meetings and networking
- Keep detailed notes on prospect and customer interactions on CRM system and update CRM System regularly
- Provide feedback on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities
- Managing all aspects of relationships with new clients, including co-ordination and presentation of technical pitches, follow-up meeting, liaising with client management teams internally on submission of client questionnaires; RFP’s as well as mandates and management of the on-going relationships through regular meetings and updates on the performance of their funds
- Effectively articulate Perpetua investment philosophy, process, products and performance to prospects, clients, consultants, and to differentiate our firm from competitors
- Empower oneself with knowledge through participation in investment team activities to ensure up-to-date technical knowledge of the company’s products, investment philosophy and portfolio positioning
- Increase assets under management for firm’s investment products and vehicles
- Provide regular reporting on activities, new sales opportunities, client focus and product initiatives to the respective management team
- Maintain involvement in industry and networking organizations in order to foster relationships with the consultant community and prospective clients.
- Conduct all business activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity, in line with Perpetua’s unwavering values
- Sound knowledge and understanding of functioning of the investment value chain and a proven track record of working with all participants within the value chain
- Demonstrable understanding of evolving needs of clients in terms of products, risk tolerances and investment horizons.
- Organised work style, planning and organising, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with and meet deadlines and function under pressure
- High levels of self-confidence and self-starter, assertive as well as healthy levels of EQ
- High degree of self-reliance, independent working style and outstanding sense of accountability and responsibility
- Entrepreneurial and business-oriented mind-set, and the ability to process information in a comprehensive and conclusive manner while maintaining an open-mind and sense of humility
Education and experience:
- Relevant and applicable university graduate qualification
- At least 5 years of working in business development or institutional business sales roles within the buy side of the investment management industry.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Other digital and technology/automation/programming-based skills will be advantageous.
Perpetua is a purpose-led and values-driven investment firm. The firm espouses the values of Integrity, Care and Courage.
A key requirement of any candidate is to align with the values of the firm; to work on a collaborative team-fit basis, ensuring that the team remains cohesive and successful for the benefit of clients and an opportunity to deliver a broader societal impact.
Mastering insightful investing
Perpetua is independent, owner-managed investment management firm. We strive for excellence in performance, conduct and engagement and operate out of a purpose-driven culture.
We consistently employ a long-term investment approach that is thoughtful, rigorous and that doesn’t follow the crowd.